Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm Losing It...I Think...


This week has been one of those weeks where it has been VERY difficult for me to get out of bed which in return has made me feel like I have been one step behind everything...my kids, my organization, my cleaning (don't ask Chris about this one :) ), planning, etc. Yesterday, I managed to get up and out though, with all 4 kiddos, and do some shopping with my Mom. My Mom bought the girls matching dresses last year at the end of summer for Easter this year. Well, Kaibryn has grown SO much that the dress is WAY too short, so we went to find her another one and found one that she loves. While shopping I was thinking about the kids summer clothes and what they are going to need. At dinner last night I was talking to Chris and he said let's just go to my favorite store (Target) and get them a couple of things so off we headed to the store. First off, the kids did great. Chris asked them if they felt like they had done nothing but shop today and Kaibryn said, "Yes, we haven't had any time to play." (which really isn't true).
Many of my readers will understand this. Buying clothes for all four kids at the same time is overwhelming and confusing...even if you are only buying a couple of things. What will be versatile? What will be cheapest? What will be cutest (I'm a girl, ok!)? All four of the kids are in different sections of the store now. Christopher and Kaibryn are in the "boys" and "girls" section and Cooper and Kaityn are in the "baby" section. When I was looking at what was in the basket I had to start putting some stuff back. I had gone back and forth to the sections so much I had picked up multiples of the same thing. Usually I am so organized knowing what we need but not lately. My head was spinning last night. Chris took the kids to look at something so it was just me a Kaityn. At one point in the evening I looked at her looking at me and she had the strangest look on her face. I know she was wondering why I was talking to the air (out loud) and why I was asking her what she liked. I know people had to be looking at me funny as well.
Maybe it's because I am getting old. Chris and the kids get a kick out of reminding me of my age. Maybe it's because I've got 4 kids. Maybe it's just because I am being lazy in my organization. Maybe it is just because I needed some chocolate. But either way, hopefully I'm not the only one who feels like she is losing it some days. So needless to say, I have spent alot of time already this morning in prayer (and have had a little bit of chocolate...I told you that's my FAVORITE). I know today will be better. His mercies are new every morning.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lori Leigh said...

I'm right there with ya sister! :) I think the time change has gotten to me. I'm really tired and have woken up late that last 2 mornings! Then I get behind on everything. Ugh. And then I start raiding the house for diet coke and chocolate. Ha! Hope you have a better day today!

The She and I Show said...

You're so funny! You are right though, your age, I mean the time change thing really gets to you. ;) Ha! It is hard to get up before the sun again and get Michael out the door, my only baby right now. :) It's been hard for everyone. Dad didn't get up until 2:30 one day. It's harder for him because he works nights. I am grateful to work day shift. Hope you enjoy those babies today and find rest. Hope to see you soon! Love you!

Mrs. Troop said...

Oh My Heavens! You are in such good company on the "losing it". I can't even remember my name most days. And yet the Lord is good and we get through it and even enjoy it most of the time! HA! Hang in there. Don't you love Target? :-)