Today we were at my parent's house (dryer still broken). The kids were outside playing and the older three came in which meant that Kaityn was by herself (no worries...I could see her.) I told Kaibryn to go back outside. She said, "Because she is crying?" I said, "No. She is not going to want to play by herself."
Cooper came running into the kitchen and said, "No she's not. You said that God is always with us even when we are by ourselves." To which I replied, "You are right Cooper."
Friday, October 31, 2008
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 12:48 PM
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. I am thankful for little blessings such as caterpillars on our front porch yesterday. The kids were so excited about "Fluffy".
2. I am thankful that even though our dryer does not work our washer does and I am caught up on laundry.
3. I am thankful for friends and my Mom who let me use their dryer when I need to dry sheets and towels.
4. I am thankful that I can trust God to meet all our needs.
Rom. 15:13 - "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,
so that you may overflow with hope."
5. I am thankful that I am going to be an AUNT!!!!! I can't wait to love on another baby and see my brother with his own baby.
6. I am thankful for healthy children.
7. I am thankful that Kaityn still takes two naps which allows a break for the kids with school.
8. I am thankful that my kids love to read and love to be read to.
9. I am thankful for this great weather and the walk the kids and I just went on...beautiful!!
10. I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday which means the next day is Sat. and Chris is home!!!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 10:47 AM
Saturday, October 25, 2008
No. I'm not pregnant.
No. I have not lost the 10 lbs. I need to.
No. We did not win the lottery.
No. We are not moving.
No. Chris did not get a new job.
No. Kaibryn has not lost a tooth.
No. Cooper did not run into another glass wall.
No. We did not cheer for OSU today.
No. Christopher did not sit still for 10 minutes today.
No. Kaityn did not sing "Boomer Sooner". Although she did say, "Mooma. Nu Wo." AKA "Boomer Sooner number 1".
I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!!!!!
My brother Michael and sweet sister-in-law Lindsay are expecting their first baby summer '09. We are so excited for them. Thought you might want to share in my jubilation!!!!
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 10:18 PM
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Christopher is thankful for:
1. My toys.
3. Nana and Grandad.
4. Grana and PaPa.
5. Uncle Michael & Aunt Candace.
6. My friend Hudson.
7. Our dog Jenkins.
8. That Uncle Michael and Aunt Candace live here now.
9. This shirt that Nana bought me.
10. Everyone in our family.
Kaibryn is thankful for:
1. My friends Gracie and Emily.
2. That Jesus died for my sins.
3. My family.
4. My gymnastics teachers.
5. My sister Kaityn.
6. Christopher and Cooper and Mommy and Daddy.
7. Grana and "Popcorn".
8. The beautiful world that Jesus made.
9. Nana and Grandad.
10. The weather.
Cooper is thankful for:
1. My friends to play with.
3. The sky.
4. The road b/c if we did not have road there would be holes.
6. All the family in the world...even us.
9. Lightning McQueen.
10. My hotwheels.
Kaityn is thankful for:
1. My baby dolls.
3. My purses.
4. My jewelry.
5. My blanket.
6. My sister.
7. My brothers.
8. My Mommy & Daddy.
9. Not having to do "chores" because I am too little.
10. That even though my Mommy gets frustrated when I want to be held all the time that she does it anyway because she knows that one day she will miss this.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 4:40 PM
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Well, the title of this blog is appropriate for us right now. Our house at times has seemed like a zoo. There is always something going on. These kids keep us laughing. I thought I would send an update on each child so you know what they are doing these days.
Christopher is 7. He is very loving, helpful and a great big brother. He is learning that he is a leader and that the other three watch him and do what he does. He is just like his Daddy. He loves people. Everyone is his friend and he has fun everywhere he goes. He is doing really well in school. He loves math and his reading has greatly improved. He is getting so big and is able to do more and more on his own which makes his Momma sad but it is fun to watch him be more responsible and grow up. He has quite the imagination and can remember ANYTHING. It is not uncommon for us to be talking about something and he throws in a line from a movie or turns what we are talking about into something funny. I love that boy.
Kaibryn is almost 6. What a sweet little girl. She is a huge help to me around the house. She is very responsible and seems to act older than her age. She is our "word police" and lets us know if we or anyone else has said something that is not appropriate. She is also paranoid of ANY kind of sickness...headache, tummy ache, diahrrea, etc...she does not want to catch anything. The boys enjoy getting right by her and saying, "throw up", the word she HATES. It is not uncommon with her to find her reading a book. She loves to read and I am AMAZED at what she reads. She is probably reading at a 2nd or 3rd grade level. I think she has read almost every book in our house...I'm not kidding. She loves school and loves learning. She likes everything to be perfect. She is involved in gymnastics and loves it. She does EXACTLY what her teachers ask her to do. I can already tell she is going to love learning...she soaks everything in. She is fun and has more fashion sense than her Mom. I am loving watching her grow up.
Cooper, Cooper, Cooper...this kid cracks us up. He is in his own little world and has a laugh that melts your heart. It is the sweetest laugh ever. He is constantly doing and saying things that make us roll in laughter. He started Cubbies this year at church and is enjoying it. He is doing a good job learning his verses. He is also like his Daddy and brother...everyone is his friend and he can light up a room as soon as he walks in. He is being taught this year as well; however, his school time has gotten shorter and shorter. He does something for a few minutes and then is ready to play, which is fine. We are working on his letters and sounds. He knows his numbers very well from 1 to 10 and then some others. He is our NASCAR boy. He loves race cars and knows several numbers from the cars...99, 88, 24, etc. He is such a miracle.
Kaityn Mae is now almost 20 months old...I can't believe it. She is the cutest little thing. She finally has hair and can wear bows and look like a little girl. She loves shoes, clothes, babies, stuffed animals, and girly things. She is constantly changing shoes and wearing jewelry. Her vocabulary consists of "no", "down", "pls", "tan too", "bubba", "momma", maee" (Madee, my parents dog), "dee" (her friend Addie from church). She says alot but not very much is understood. You can definately tell when she does not get what she wants...Chris calls her KJ (Keli Jr.). She makes us laugh. Chris says she is ready to be potty trained. If she is dirty she will bring you the wipes and lay down on the floor. It's quite funny. I'm not ready for her to grow up yet. She loves her bubba's and sister so much. She is very caring...if someone is hurt she will bring them their blanket or toy, something to cheer them up. What a blessing she is and a joy.
Well, that's what's going on these days. Things are very busy but it is fun and we are so blessed.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 11:07 AM
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
This little girl cracks me up.
This was her outfit today (started off by Mommy)...
Cute pair of jeans with flowers which she can take off and then scream at the top of her lungs because she cannot put them back on.
Kaibryn's swimsuit...at least she can't take her jeans off now.
Little skirt that goes over a swimsuit.
Purple and Yellow necklace.
Doesn't she look so grown up.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 1:26 PM
Sunday, October 5, 2008
For those of you who might not know, I have been sick since Monday. I have run a high fever, chills, sore throat, etc. Went to the dr. and had a strep test run, flu test run & blood taken which by the way hurt REALLY bad. All to find out I have some kind of infection and take all my meds and it will run its course. Fortunately, today (since Mon.) I have felt like being a "wife" and "mom". I was able to do some house work and get the kids ready for church. I'm just really tired and hoping and praying that tomorrow I will feel better.
Chris has been amazing!!!! He has done all the house work, laundry, feeding, taking care of the kids, etc. all by himself. What a great husband. He deserves a break...maybe tomorrow...when/if I feel better. :) :)
Well, I don't remember much from the past few days because I have been locked up in my room but there are a few things that I can remember that are kind of funny.
1. Kaibryn has a HUGE fear of getting sick when someone else is sick. On Thursday Chris's Grandma came over and stayed with all the kids. I came out of the room a couple of times and Kaibryn took off running and I realized she was scared of being close to me. Chris's Grandma told me that one time after I went back to bed Kaibryn still did not come back in the living room. She went looking for her and she was hiding in the closet. However, she still got sick. i took her to the Dr. on Fri. and she is feeling better.
2. Cooper got sick as well and went with me to the Dr. on Wed. The Dr. was checking all his vitals and asked, "Have you been coughing?" He looked up at her with a strange look and said, "I can't drink coffee."
3. Last night Chris was putting some things away from the dishwasher and a plate dropped. Kaibryn said, "Daddy, you should leave the cooking to the MaMa's."
Everyone is doing better. Chris, Christopher & Kaityn have not gotten sick so pray that they don't and pray that the rest of us get completely healthy, especially me. It's hard taking care of a family when you don't even feel like getting out of bed.
Hope everyone has a great week.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 3:21 PM