My friend Meredith at "Proud MaMa of Two" (check out my blogroll) is doing a post on her life in bullets so I am joining...
I am totally obsessed and have the terrible habit of drinking a "Vanilla Diet Coke Easy Ice" from Sonic AND if you mention that you are a teacher (which I am on Tues. & Thur. and at home...is that shady?) you can get a drink for 1/2 price EVERYDAY...JACKPOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It might be a little sad too that Chris has gone to get me a drink before and they ask how I am doing...sad.
I LOVE HGTV and would redo my entire house right now if it were financially possible.
I as well LOVE...ADORE the Pioneer Woman...my waste line does not.
I use "..." WAY to much.
Can't stand and can honestly say I have never typed "LOL". If you have I do not think less of you. Guess I just did type "LOL"...did it again...GRRRRR! :)
I LOVE washing clothes...LOVE folding clothes...LOATHE putting them away. Quite often Chris asks if something is clean and my response usually is "It is probably folded in the laundry room.
My new motto that I am trying to apply to everything is "Fail to plan...plan to fail."
Know nothing about computers...hence no "bullets" can't figure out where they are and am too lazy to wait til Chris gets home and have him show me how to do it.
Told you I overuse "..."
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
My friend Meredith at "Proud MaMa of Two" (check out my blogroll) is doing a post on her life in bullets so I am joining...
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 8:53 PM
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Hello all my family & friends...the few that read :).
Chris bought me a camera a couple months ago and it takes amazing pictures. I have alot to learn though. I was wondering what kind of "photo-imaging-cropping-highlighting" software you use????
If you could let me know that would be a big help.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 2:14 PM
Sunday, September 5, 2010
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:00 AM
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Nine years ago today Christopher Michael Anderson joined our family. What a relief it was to have him here. After going into labor Sunday morning at 6:30, he was finally born Tuesday morning. He weighed a whopping 9 lbs., 1 oz. and was 22 in. long. He spent a week in the NICU because I had the strep b virus and didn't know it. That was quite an emotional week. So excited to have a sweet baby but leaving him in the hospital was heart wrenching.
He finally came home and life has been an adventure ever since. What a joy he is. He is CONSTANTLY singing, humming, and making many other noises. He is an amazing big brother. He takes care and watches over all his siblings. I LOVE watching him interact with Kaityn Mae. He loves her and she adores him. He asks how her day is and will read her a book just about any time that she asks.
Christopher started *gulp* third grade this year. He enjoys reading and announced the other night at dinner that all the girls at his school like him. We might have to talk about this...ha!!! He is just like his Daddy. He has NEVER met a stranger and anyone is his friend.
We are so blessed to have him in our family. He is a joy to this Momma. So grateful that I was chosen to take care of him on the earth.
Happy Birthday Bubba...I love you!
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 3:37 PM
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Today is not actually Kaityn's birthday. It is tomorrow (Feb. 19th). I won't be able to post until later tomorrow so I thought I would do it tonight.
Kaityn Mae is such a joy. I find myself trying to remember every little thing she does because I can't believe she is turning 3. It goes by so fast.
My Dear Kaityn Mae-Mae,
Your Mommy loves you so much. Today you and I spent alot of the day sitting in the big chair and just playing...patty-cake, singing, reading books, snuggling...and I loved it. You woke up from your nap and stumbled in with sleepy eyes and we just snuggled. You are the last one to want to snuggle with your Mommy. Your brothers and sister think they are too old for that.
You make me laugh all the time with the cute things you say and do. Every time I am in the kitchen you think I am cooking and will run to the laundry room and get the step stool to "help." I love it. Very rarely are you seen without your baby "Owie" and you will wear a dress every day. As a matter of fact you will cry if I don't let you wear a dress. Usually the first thing you say in the morning is, "I wear a dress?". You look up at me with those sweet eyes and how can I say "No" (even though sometimes I do and you might throw a fit). :) I love how you will walk into a room, put your hands on your hips and just talk away very passionately. Sometimes we understand you and sometimes we don't. :)
You are so verbal and happy until a stranger talks to you or says something and then all of a sudden you are shy. I don't know who you get that from. :) You have a couple of friends you talk about all the time and I love seeing you give them hugs and play with them when we go to church. You are so sweet and show concern for others when they are sad and hurting.
My prayer for you is that your sweet heart will continue to grow and that you will always have the concern and care for others as you do now. I pray that you will love the Lord and that His love will shine through you and make you more beautiful.
I am so thankful God chose me to be your Mommy. Your baby pictures look just like mine and from what NaNa and Grandad say you act just like me which I know is sweet, kind, loving, etc. ha!!!! I love you so much and look forward to watching you grow!!!!
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:20 PM
Well, just went to the mailbox and got an unexpected bill. To be honest with you I don't feel very thankful, I feel more panicy (is that a word).
I am going to choose to be thankful because I am blessed.
1. I am thankful that tomorrow my little girl will turn 3 and boy what a joy she is!!!! She is ALL girl and I love it.
2. I am thankful that the we are almost finished with the stomach bug and it really has not been that bad.
3. I am thankful to see pictures of my sweet nephew Jackson with his cute teeth. What a sweet baby.
4. I am thankful for beautiful sunshine. I love being able to enjoy the sunshine. Even though I can't go outside and play I can open the blinds and curtains and soak in the sun.
5. I am thankful for my kids who love to read.
6. I am thankful that our schedule is not so jammed packed that having sick kids has not thrown us all into a frenzy. We have been able to stay home and relax and recoup.
7. I am thankful that even though most of us have been sick the past 2-3 days the house is pretty straight and clean and the laundry is caught up on.
8. I am thankful for a God who knows me inside and out and still loves me!!!!!! Will never understand that.
What are you thankful for today???
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 7:23 PM
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Yet again another Thursday...where do the days go????
1. I am thankful that my kids are home from school tomorrow.
2. I am thankful that tomorrow is grocery buying day...so is my family.
3. I am thankful for my sister-in-law and niece who came over to watch the kids for a little while so we could go to some meetings.
4. I am thankful for parent/teacher conferences we had tonight and for teachers who love the Lord and love our kids.
5. I am thankful for good reports from teachers and thankful that as we pray and ask the Lord will give us wisdom is dealing with certain issues.
6. I am thankful that valentines parties are over...114 heart shaped cookies...WOW!!!!!!!
7. I am thankful for valentines date tomorrow night.
8. I am thankful my Dad will be home on Friday. Don't like it when he is gone out of the country.
9. I am thankful for HEAT!!!!!!
What are you thankful for???
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 7:31 PM
Thursday, February 4, 2010
1. I am thankful for a warm house.
2. I am thankful that my kids were home ( not thankful that days have been added to the end of the year b/c of the snow days...ok, i am supposed to be thankful) this past week. ALOT of fun was had by all...including me.
3. I am thankful I was able to go to CHristopher's first play at his school...and yes, I cried. I cannot believe how big he is getting.
4. I am thankful for our good health.
5. I am thankful that COoper is doing SO MUCH BETTER since his surgery. He came in the other night quite groggy and said, "I can't sleep because Christopher is snoring." I said, "Thank you, Lord." For the first time it was not Christopher complaining about Cooper's snoring. Cooper is sleeping without snoring and with his mouth closed for the first time in as long as I can remember. It still kind of freaks me out at night that I can't hear him. :)
6. I am thankful for my husbands abundant ammount of energy tonight. He is running around and wrestling with all the kids.
7. I am so thankful God provides our every need. I try to buy groceries twice a month and with the kids being home the past several days we went through food like crazy but yet we have more than enough to get us through one more week.
8. I am thankful that my kids are loving school and are making wise choices in the friends that they are making.
9. I am thankful that my kids are happy children.
What are you thankful for today!!!!!
What are you thankful for today????
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 7:00 PM
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I have a sweet friend named Becky who is so creative. Everything she touches turns to gold...seriously. She has a blog that is so fun to read (www.jtelliff.com - don't know how to put that as a link...think that is the word????) She has alot of wisdom and alot of creative ideas of things she does at home and with her girls.
I have been in a huge slump lately. I really enjoy doing "crafty" things but haven't done anything "crafty" in a few years. But one of the things I wanted to do this year was to do some "crafty" things in my house, for my family and for gifts. Well, Becky made a bow holder last week that was so cute I wanted to try it. My girls have a bow holder but it was full and I needed another one so I thought I would try her idea.
Once again you will have to go to her blog to find her bow holder because I don't know how to put that on my blog. Trust me it is WAY cuter than mine but it was so fun and easy to make.
So I would like to introduce you to my first "craft" project of the year.
I would like to make it again with a cuter more ornate frame and maybe one that is bigger that can hold all the girls bows. We shall see.
By the way the cute bow that is zebra with hot pink... my friend Becky made that...told you she is SO talented.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:16 PM
Well, after 4 snow days today the kids headed back to school.
No more sleeping in.
No more staying in "jom joms" most of the day.
No more eating in the living room.
No more playing in the snow.
No more movies all day.
No more eating junk food.
No more no schedule...just hanging out.
The kids were excited this morning to get back to school. I closed the girls door this morning around 6:45 and Kaibryn was awake and asked how many more minutes until she could get up (she is definitely a morning girl).
Cooper , Kaityn and I went and hung out at the mall with some girls from work and played. It was very strange to only have 2 kiddos with me.
We had a great few days being home (even though I thought I was going to go nuts several times) and hanging out together not really doing anything. Made me realize how much I love my kids...how much I love having them at home...and how quickly these days are going.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:09 PM
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Told you I was going to do better...two posts in one day. This is not about my kids but what I made my kids. It was yummalicious.
BITE-SIZE SOUR CREAM-POUND CAKE CUPCAKES
1/2 C. Butter, softened
1/2 (8 oz.) Cream cheese, softened
2 C. Sugar
4 Large Eggs
1 t. Vanilla
3 C. All-purpose flour
1 t. Baking powder
1/2 t. Baking soda
1/2 t. Salt
1 (8 oz.) Container Sour Ceam
Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
1. Pre-heat oven to 350. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
2. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients. Gradually add to butter miture alternately with xour cream, beating until blended. Spoon batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into lightly greased miniatrue muffin pans.
3. Bake at 350 for 13 - 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted inc enters comes out clean. (I undercooked these a few minutes and let them finish baking out of the oven...make sense). Spread cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 (3 oz.) Cream cheese, softened
2 t. Vanilla
1 (16 oz.) pkg. Powdered sugar
3 - 4 T. Milk
1. Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Gradually add powdered sugar alternately with 3 T. milk, beating at low speed until blended and smooth after each addition.
If I were to ever open up my own bakery I would make these. They are so yummy. Enjoy!!!!
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 8:26 PM
I have been a bad blogger. Most of the time I think it is because I have nothing to blog about. Then I think to myself..."Self...are you kidding me? You have 4 kids."
I have been (just like several other people) snowed in my house and spent alot (probably too much) time reading and catching up on blogs. Many I have read said they blog so they can have a journal for their kids. I often wonder why blog when there are maybe 2 people who read it but my perspective has changed.
for my 2 readers who give me a hard time for not blogging...I am going to try to do a better job for my kids. I am getting older and they are growing up so fast and I want to remember the little things that they do.
for my first blog back I would like to introduce you to my husband CHRIS ANDERSON.
He is my answer to prayer. When I was in high school I made a list of things to pray for in a husband. Chris fit everything on my list. I am so sad that I cannot find that list. However, one thing (there are many) I do remember praying is that my future husband would not have to play sports well but know a little bit about it where he could carry on an intelligent conversation about it. Well, if you know Chris, he knows EVERYTHING about sports. Sports you know well like football, basketball, baseball, etc. and then the not so common sports like hockey, soccer, tennis (which we NEVER watch but he could tell you all about it).
Here are some fun facts about him that I love...
1. He loves me unconditionally and shows me every day.
2. He is extremely patient.
3. He is so kind and not easily angered (believe me I give him alot of opportunities to be angry...no "amens" from family members please)
4. He is a servant. He would do anything for anyone.
5. He is a fun Dad. He makes the most mundane things seem fun.
6. He is very frugal...we make a good match because I am not (but am working on it).
7. He has such a tender heart and is always quick to seek forgiveness if he has done something wrong.
8. He has never met a stranger and everyone he meets leaves feeling as though they are best friends.
9. He is full of ideas. If anyone asks for a solution to a problem or suggestions to solve a problem he always has a thought and it is good.
10. He loves me!!!!!!!
Several years ago we were questioning where God had us and what God's will was for us. I told him that God had great things planned for him. I am so proud of him for being obedient to what God wanted us to do instead of what I wanted to do. He has really stepped up to leadership roles in our church and in our student ministry. It is so fun to see him interact with students. They love him and trust him. There have been several times when there have been students who are having problems and they call Chris. He loves them and is often meeting and taking them to lunch and just hanging out with them. What a good example he is to our kids of loving God, loving others and serving others. I want each one of our kids to be just like their Daddy.
Now to the picture up on top of this post...
Let me start off by saying when I ask Chris to go to the store to pick up a few things he ALWAYS comes back with more than what is on the list because it looked good or it was a good deal.
Last week I asked Chris to stop by the Asian market to get some Jasmine rice because I could not find any at Wally World. He called and asked how much rice usually was. I couldn't remember because I hadn't bought it in such a long time. He said that he got a big bag. Well what I thought was a big bag and what he thought was a big bag was two different things. He came home with a 20 POUND BAG OF JASMINE RICE...seriously. I have the picture to prove it. He was so proud of himself. I almost wet my pants I was laughing so hard.
That is Chris. I love him so much!!!!
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 4:19 PM
Monday, January 4, 2010
This has been a very busy and fun few weeks. Christmas was a little more special this year because of answered prayer. From the time Christopher was born we have prayed for the day when God would make himself real to him. I can honestly say there were days of frustration and anxiousness. It would seem like he would ask good questions and really seem interested and be so close and then in the same sentence would totally change the subject. We knew he was not quite ready and it would be God's timing and not ours.
Well, December 4 we put the kids to bed and Christopher walked out and said, "Daddy I need to talk to you." He told Christ that the night before in his bed he "asked Jesus into his heart all by myself." We were kind of surprised because he had not said anything to us. Chris talked to him for a while and then took him to breakfast the next morning to talk to him. We did not want to put any words into his mouth and wanted him to tell us what was happening. After alot of prayer and conversations we really feel like he truly understands salvation.
On December 27 Chris got to baptize him. That was such a special day for all of us. Christopher was so excited he had asked over and over when was he going to be baptized. It was so sweet.
This will definitely be a Christmas we will not forget . I am so thankful for a God who answers prayer in His timing and in His way.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 8:31 PM