Today is not actually Kaityn's birthday. It is tomorrow (Feb. 19th). I won't be able to post until later tomorrow so I thought I would do it tonight.
Kaityn Mae is such a joy. I find myself trying to remember every little thing she does because I can't believe she is turning 3. It goes by so fast.
My Dear Kaityn Mae-Mae,
Your Mommy loves you so much. Today you and I spent alot of the day sitting in the big chair and just playing...patty-cake, singing, reading books, snuggling...and I loved it. You woke up from your nap and stumbled in with sleepy eyes and we just snuggled. You are the last one to want to snuggle with your Mommy. Your brothers and sister think they are too old for that.
You make me laugh all the time with the cute things you say and do. Every time I am in the kitchen you think I am cooking and will run to the laundry room and get the step stool to "help." I love it. Very rarely are you seen without your baby "Owie" and you will wear a dress every day. As a matter of fact you will cry if I don't let you wear a dress. Usually the first thing you say in the morning is, "I wear a dress?". You look up at me with those sweet eyes and how can I say "No" (even though sometimes I do and you might throw a fit). :) I love how you will walk into a room, put your hands on your hips and just talk away very passionately. Sometimes we understand you and sometimes we don't. :)
You are so verbal and happy until a stranger talks to you or says something and then all of a sudden you are shy. I don't know who you get that from. :) You have a couple of friends you talk about all the time and I love seeing you give them hugs and play with them when we go to church. You are so sweet and show concern for others when they are sad and hurting.
My prayer for you is that your sweet heart will continue to grow and that you will always have the concern and care for others as you do now. I pray that you will love the Lord and that His love will shine through you and make you more beautiful.
I am so thankful God chose me to be your Mommy. Your baby pictures look just like mine and from what NaNa and Grandad say you act just like me which I know is sweet, kind, loving, etc. ha!!!! I love you so much and look forward to watching you grow!!!!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:20 PM
Well, just went to the mailbox and got an unexpected bill. To be honest with you I don't feel very thankful, I feel more panicy (is that a word).
I am going to choose to be thankful because I am blessed.
1. I am thankful that tomorrow my little girl will turn 3 and boy what a joy she is!!!! She is ALL girl and I love it.
2. I am thankful that the we are almost finished with the stomach bug and it really has not been that bad.
3. I am thankful to see pictures of my sweet nephew Jackson with his cute teeth. What a sweet baby.
4. I am thankful for beautiful sunshine. I love being able to enjoy the sunshine. Even though I can't go outside and play I can open the blinds and curtains and soak in the sun.
5. I am thankful for my kids who love to read.
6. I am thankful that our schedule is not so jammed packed that having sick kids has not thrown us all into a frenzy. We have been able to stay home and relax and recoup.
7. I am thankful that even though most of us have been sick the past 2-3 days the house is pretty straight and clean and the laundry is caught up on.
8. I am thankful for a God who knows me inside and out and still loves me!!!!!! Will never understand that.
What are you thankful for today???
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 7:23 PM
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Yet again another Thursday...where do the days go????
1. I am thankful that my kids are home from school tomorrow.
2. I am thankful that tomorrow is grocery buying day...so is my family.
3. I am thankful for my sister-in-law and niece who came over to watch the kids for a little while so we could go to some meetings.
4. I am thankful for parent/teacher conferences we had tonight and for teachers who love the Lord and love our kids.
5. I am thankful for good reports from teachers and thankful that as we pray and ask the Lord will give us wisdom is dealing with certain issues.
6. I am thankful that valentines parties are over...114 heart shaped cookies...WOW!!!!!!!
7. I am thankful for valentines date tomorrow night.
8. I am thankful my Dad will be home on Friday. Don't like it when he is gone out of the country.
9. I am thankful for HEAT!!!!!!
What are you thankful for???
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 7:31 PM
Thursday, February 4, 2010
1. I am thankful for a warm house.
2. I am thankful that my kids were home ( not thankful that days have been added to the end of the year b/c of the snow days...ok, i am supposed to be thankful) this past week. ALOT of fun was had by all...including me.
3. I am thankful I was able to go to CHristopher's first play at his school...and yes, I cried. I cannot believe how big he is getting.
4. I am thankful for our good health.
5. I am thankful that COoper is doing SO MUCH BETTER since his surgery. He came in the other night quite groggy and said, "I can't sleep because Christopher is snoring." I said, "Thank you, Lord." For the first time it was not Christopher complaining about Cooper's snoring. Cooper is sleeping without snoring and with his mouth closed for the first time in as long as I can remember. It still kind of freaks me out at night that I can't hear him. :)
6. I am thankful for my husbands abundant ammount of energy tonight. He is running around and wrestling with all the kids.
7. I am so thankful God provides our every need. I try to buy groceries twice a month and with the kids being home the past several days we went through food like crazy but yet we have more than enough to get us through one more week.
8. I am thankful that my kids are loving school and are making wise choices in the friends that they are making.
9. I am thankful that my kids are happy children.
What are you thankful for today!!!!!
What are you thankful for today????
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 7:00 PM
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
I have a sweet friend named Becky who is so creative. Everything she touches turns to gold...seriously. She has a blog that is so fun to read (www.jtelliff.com - don't know how to put that as a link...think that is the word????) She has alot of wisdom and alot of creative ideas of things she does at home and with her girls.
I have been in a huge slump lately. I really enjoy doing "crafty" things but haven't done anything "crafty" in a few years. But one of the things I wanted to do this year was to do some "crafty" things in my house, for my family and for gifts. Well, Becky made a bow holder last week that was so cute I wanted to try it. My girls have a bow holder but it was full and I needed another one so I thought I would try her idea.
Once again you will have to go to her blog to find her bow holder because I don't know how to put that on my blog. Trust me it is WAY cuter than mine but it was so fun and easy to make.
So I would like to introduce you to my first "craft" project of the year.
I would like to make it again with a cuter more ornate frame and maybe one that is bigger that can hold all the girls bows. We shall see.
By the way the cute bow that is zebra with hot pink... my friend Becky made that...told you she is SO talented.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:16 PM
Well, after 4 snow days today the kids headed back to school.
No more sleeping in.
No more staying in "jom joms" most of the day.
No more eating in the living room.
No more playing in the snow.
No more movies all day.
No more eating junk food.
No more no schedule...just hanging out.
The kids were excited this morning to get back to school. I closed the girls door this morning around 6:45 and Kaibryn was awake and asked how many more minutes until she could get up (she is definitely a morning girl).
Cooper , Kaityn and I went and hung out at the mall with some girls from work and played. It was very strange to only have 2 kiddos with me.
We had a great few days being home (even though I thought I was going to go nuts several times) and hanging out together not really doing anything. Made me realize how much I love my kids...how much I love having them at home...and how quickly these days are going.
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:09 PM