Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Excitement At The Anderson House

Well, the date has finally been set and the kids are SO excited. We are going on the first ever Anderson vacation to San Antonio, Texas. We have gone places for a couple of days but not a week just by ourselves. We are going to go to spend a few days in San Antonio and take the kids to Sea World. Then we are going to go to Corpus Christi for a few days and let the kids see a real ocean. There have been several times where they have seen a lake or a river and have asked "Is that the ocean?" I have a feeling they are going to be overwhelmed. I'm working on making a "chart" that counts down to our trip. We probably told them too early. They are already asking "How much longer till we go to Sea World?" I kind of feel like the mom on the commercial about Disney World who asks the Dad if he can sleep and he says no I'm too excited. I am excited. I enjoyed going on vacations as a kid & I know the kids will enjoy it also. Only 53 more days.

4 comments:

mom2camo said...

How fun!!!! We just took a week long excursion ourselves...not quite as exciting as San Antonio, but fun nevertheless!! 53 days and counting?? Your kids are going to learn what patience is!!! What about a 2 dayer to b'ville??? Let's plan it!!!! :)

Beth said...

I know just what you mean. Since I bought plane tickets to OK in May, every time I tell Brianna we need to get dressed and ready to go, she asks if we are going on the airplane.

Larissa said...

so that means you're gong the first weekend in May? yea, that's right, i can do some math. :><= i are a english teacher, but i can add too. well, girl, sounds like a lot of fun, and i'm actually getting a little tired for you. you'll have a blast though, i'm sure. way to make a "vacation guy" out of my nephew!

Mrs. Troop said...

Sounds like fun!
The Coach and I always laugh that vacations are a lot of fun for our kids and all WORK for us. But it's worth every bit for the anticipation and the memories. Enjoy!