Friday, April 3, 2009

Dangerous Precedent


When my children were born and up until my in-laws moved to Kansas City my mother-in-law Karen and sister-in-law Candace would make a decorate all the kids birthday cakes. They were AMAZING. I need to find the pics of cakes that they made...a caterpillar, a race track, a princess crown, a 3-D Noah's ark, Elmo, etc. They were beautiful!!!!!!

SO...

since they moved I am the one in charge of the decorated cakes. I feel so bad that the cakes were amazing & they remember them...I don't want them to be disappointed. I know, I know...it is going to have to stop at some point & I should not feel guilty but I do.

Cooper's birthday was Wednesday & instead of having a party (thank goodness...me being sick for a week has really thrown me off) he is having a friend spend the night. He told me he wanted a Star Wars cake. It is so funny. My boys LOVE Star Wars even though they have only seen a few minutes of one of the old movies. I was trying to figure out how to make a Star Wars cake & talked him into letting me make a "light saber" cake. He said, "OK. As long as it is blue."

SO...

this was the end result. It really is kind of sad looking but when he saw it his face lit up. It was precious & I wish I had a camera. He kept saying, "Oh, thank you Mommy. It's so cool." Made my heart happy.

ANOTHER COOPER STORY...

My Mom was taking Cooper for his "birthday day" with Nana. He was kind of upset about Christopher not being able to go (he LOVES his brother). He said, "Nana. I have a Motto." My Mom said, "What is it Cooper?" He replied very seriously..."No child left behind." He cracks me up.

Thanks for loving your cake Cooper.

5 comments:

The Merrell's said...

That is too cute!! The cake is amazing!! Im very impressed!!

Lori Leigh said...

I love the cake! I too am a big cake person and make all my cakes in a theme of the child's desire. Your light saber looks great!

Mrs. Troop said...

Great cake! :-)
Funny guy - I know he keeps you laughing!

bridget {bake at 350} said...

I think your cake looks great! My son would love it!!!

Unknown said...

that's hilarious - and so mature! how cute, thanks for sharing!