Thankful Thursday is going to revolve around my favorite room in our house...our kitchen.
1. I'm thankful that there can be more than 2 people in my kitchen at one time and there be plenty of room.
2. I am thankful for a dishwasher. Our old home did not have one.
3. I am thankful for a garbage disposal. Again, our old home did not have one.
4. I am thankful that I learned there is a "reset" switch for the disposal. I went a couple of weeks without one thinking it was broken only to find out I needed to flip the switch. I did not realize how much I use it.
5. I am thankful that I was able to paint it red. I love the color red and have always wanted a red kitchen.
6. I am thankful I LOVE to cook...especially sweet stuff.
7. I am thankful for my Mom who growing up let me cook with her...make a grocery list...make meals from that grocery list. She is the one who taught me how to "boil water" (that is for my "Mimul") and how to read a recipe.
8. I am thankful for my mother-in-law from whom I have learned to "add a little of this and a little of that" and to think outside the box...I'm still learning.
9. I am thankful for my kitchen aid mixer which I got for a gift from my in-laws (thank you). I love it and use it ALL the time.
10. I am thankful for Rachel Ray, Martha Stewart, Paula Deene, and the computer where I can get lots of "fun" recipes...mostly sweets though...what's up with that.
11. I am thankful for the Titus 2 woman in my life - Teri Hubbard. What a great example of a woman who had her priorities straight - God, husband, kids. I love her so much and miss her. She always had something to eat just in case anyone stopped by and always cooked enough so if the Lord laid someone on her heart to feed there was plenty. There was one time when the Lord laid a sweet lady on her heart (she had just lost her husband). She called her up to come over for dinner only to find out during the dinner that it was this sweet lady's first wedding anniversary without her husband.
12. I am thankful for my husband who comes up with funny names for foods so my kids will eat them...example, "momchaladas" for beef enchiladas, "mommy rockets" for ham and cheese stuffed biscuits, and "yum yums" for killer buttermilk biscuits. I'll share this recipe later. When you see the ingredients you will see why they are called "killer"
13. I am also thankful for my husband who tells me dinner was good when I can tell by the look on his face he will be snacking later.
14. I am thankful that I love having people over for dinner...this has scared me earlier in our married life.
"O taste and see that the Lord is good."
HAPPY THURSDAY...What are you thankful for?
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:50 AM