1. I am so thankful that today is Friday which means after today I will have all four of my kiddos home for several days.
2. I am SO THANKFUL that Chris took today off. He NEVER does that.
3. I am thankful for grandparents who jump at the chance and even volunteer to watch the kids so I can do things like go to the kids Christmas parties at their school.
4. I am thankful that all our Christmas shopping is finished and almost everything is wrapped.
5. I am thankful for a "Scentsy" that is making my house smell YUMMY!!!!!!
6. I am thankful that this has been a busy but fun week.
7. I am thankful God has created me to be organized and a planner. Chris makes fun of me quite frequently. This came in handy yesterday morning when I woke up and realized that I was supposed to take cookies to Kaityn's party and I had forgotten. I used the snowmen cookies I made the day before for Christopher and Kaibryn's parties today...the white chocolate I ended up not needing the day before (I almost threw it out)...black frosting I had saved from my cake class. It took me about 15 minutes to get the cookies decorated. So Kaityn had her cookies and they are probably the cutest cookies I have made (if I do say so myself). :)
8. I am thankful for God's loving way of teaching me. He has given me today and everything I need for right now . Too many times I say, "I can't wait until.........". When I focus on whatever is next I miss the blessing of "today." "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it."
9. I am so thankful for this time of year. God has blessed us in so many ways. I always look forward to a new year. I love fresh starts no matter what it is...filling an empty pantry....Mondays....etc. God's mercies truly are new every morning. I am so grateful for his faithfulness.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:15 AM