Today is "thankful Thursday". I missed last week because of the "Bug" at our house so I am going to do this week what I was going to do last week. Last week was Valentine's Day. I used to wear black on this day because I was always "woe is me." I am such a girl. What did I wear this year...black...it is SO slimming, right? I always used to make fun of my mom because everything she wore was brown or black. Well, you know they always say you turn out to be like your Mom. If you look in my closet the main color is, yes you guessed it, black.
The Bible says, "Every good and perfect gift is from above." My gift is my husband Chris. I made a list of things to pray for in a husband when I was in high school. I wish I could find it. EVERY thing I prayed for was answered with Chris. He is slow to anger, has a good name, a man of integrity, knows how to work hard, wise, and many others. One of the "non-spiritual" ones I put (which is VERY funny) was that he did not have to know how to play sports but would need to know a little bit about it so he could carry on a conversation with anyone. Well, anyone who knows Chris knows that if you have questions about ANY sport he is the one to go to. He even knows about the "weird" sports. So, if anyone has questions...give him a call. Well, my list centers around him today and why I am so thankful for him.
1. He makes me laugh (even when I don't want to) - "A joyful heart is good medicine."
2. He makes everything fun.
3. He let me beat him at ping-pong
4. He works hard so I can stay at home.
5. He is my best friend - He makes me "cool." :)
6. He sees the best in me.
7. He makes me feel safe...especially in a crowded room of people.
8. He will help me do anything.
9. He loves playing with the kids and is so patient with them.
10. He is not a "hot-tempered man" - Prov. 22:24-25
11. He is slow to speak - Prov. 21:23 (thank you)
12. He loves being involved with the students at church and is impacting many lives.
He is so great. There is no one God could have created more perfectly for me. He makes me want to be a better servant and wife. He loves the Lord and his family. What else could you ask for in a husband. In Proverbs it says, "A man who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." I pray that I am a wife that he can look at and say, "I have found a good thing."
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Posted by The Anderson Zoo at 9:38 AM